In 2020, there will be six Good Games Magic Premier Series weekends:
- 7th & 8th March: MELBOURNE, Coburg Town Hall
- 4th & 5th April: ADELAIDE, Dom Polksi Club
- 23rd & 24th May: SYDNEY, Petersham Town Hall
- 27th & 28th June: BRISBANE/GOLD COAST, venue TBC
- 15th &16th August: SYDNEY, Marrickville Town Hall
- 12th & 13th September: MELBOURNE, Coburg Town Hall
Each day of these events will have a Main Event with a Player’s Tour Invite as first prize. In addition, there will be multiple side events on each day, so whether you’re a competitive player looking to carve out your next steps, or just someone who loved Magic, the Good Games Opens Events will have something for you!
Good Games Magic Premier Series
Entry Fee: $60 each Main Event
Format: Each main event will be one of the following formats; Standard, Pioneer, Modern. The events will be Swiss rounds + Top 8 (check each event closer to the date for which formats will be on).
Prize Structure for each main event:
1st Prize: Player’s Tour Invite + $1000 cash
2nd Prize: 4 Booster Boxes
3rd/4th Prize: 2 Booster Boxes
5th-8th Prize: 1 Booster Box
Top 16: Qualify for Good Games Players Championships Event held in Sydney 28th & 29th November.
Top 32: Foil Promo Card.
Tickets for each event will go on sale 30 days prior to each Premier Series weekend.
The Side Event programme will include various formats. Please check each Premier Series’ programme to see what’s on.
Each Good Games Magic Premier Series event will host a Commander Zone- so if high stakes events aren’t for you, the Good Games Open Weekends are great to test out your new Commanders against players from all over the country.
Good Games Player’s Championship
In 2020, the Good Games Championships will culminate in a big celebratory weekend in which we will determine the best of the best, and celebrate our favourite game and our fantastic community.
This event- the Good Games Player’s Championship-, will run over 2 days and feature 12 rounds of Magic, followed by a cut to Top 8.
The event will be broken into rounds of both constructed (format to be announced), and Booster Draft, for which packs will be provided.
The Good Games Players Championship is an invite-only event, open to the following competitors:
- The Good Games Championship 2019 Winner: Patrick McGucken.
- Winners of the Good Games Store Championships.
- Top 16 competitors of any Good Games Open Event.
- Players with 200 points in the Good Games Championship.
Venue: Marrickville Town Hall, Sydney
Date: 28th & 29th November 2020
Entry Fee: $100
Format: 6 rounds Constructed 6 rounds Booster Draft + Top 8 playoff
- Winner: Crowned Good Games Champion 2020, Qualifies for Good Games Players Championship 2021, Pro Tour Invite + $2000 Cash
- 2nd: Pro Tour Invite + 1000 cash
- 3rd/4th: Pro Tour Invite + $500 cash
- 5th-8th: 1 Booster Box
Top 128: Foil Promo Card.
Like each of the Good Games Magic Premier Series Events, the Good Games Player’s Championship will also host a full side event program and a Commander Zone. This big gala weekend will be home to plenty of other surprises- so stay tuned to Good Games on social media for all upcoming announcements.
Tickets for the Good Games Player’s Championship will go on sale 30 days prior to the event.