Get on the Pro Tour Circuit!
RPTQs are the gateway to the Magic Pro Tour and we are proud to be hosting one this season through Good Games Adelaide on June 10, 2018. This article details everything you need to know in order to prepare yourself for the journey ahead. This is not for new players - it is invite only, though there are some side events you can get in on if you're not ready to take the world by storm - scroll on!
How to get there
Good Games Adelaide is NOT the venue.
The event will be held at the Dom Polski Centre, 230-236 Angas St, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000.
- Online registration for RPTQ 25th Anniversary will be open until June 9th at 9:00 AM local time.
- In-store registration will be available at any time prior to the event and on June 9th from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM local time at Good Games Adelaide, 22 Currie St, Adelaide 5000.
- To preregister, first register all 3 members of your team buy purchasing the entry online here: https://shop.goodgames.com.au/rptq-adelaide-team-unified-standard.html
- Once you have your entries, go to the following form to register your team and team configuration: https://goo.gl/forms/wJEDeQlxCrFIbhGO2
- THERE WILL BE NO SUNDAY EVENT REGISTRATION.
- RPTQ 25th Anniversary's format is Team Unified Standard
- Each team will consist of three players.
- At least one member of your team must be invited to this event via PPTQ, Pro points, or other methods. Find the invite list at this link: https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/instoreplay/rptq25a/invitations
- Players should review the Magic Tournament Rules for the rules specific to Team Tournaments, paying particular attention to the following sections:
- Section 8.2: Team Composition and Identification
- Section 8.3: Team Communication Rules
- Unified Deck Construction Rules
- Team Constructed tournaments use Unified Deck Construction rules: Except for cards with the basic supertype or cards with text that specifies otherwise, no two decks on a team may contain the same card, based on its English card title. (For example, if one player is using Naturalize in a Team Constructed tournament, no other player on that team may use Naturalize in his or her deck.) No players may use cards that are banned in the applicable format.
- Decklists are required.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds)
- Swiss Rounds will be determined based on # of teams attending.
- The Top 8 teams after the final Swiss rounds will advance to single-elimination playoffs. (Top 4 teams if less than 17 teams.)
- Playoff matches will be best 2 of 3 per individual match, with no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Only 2 rounds will be played in the playoffs.
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds.
- For the first game of each match in the playoff, the players on the team that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
- All participants in a Regional Pro Tour Qualifier receive an exclusive Noble Hierarch promo card (while supplies last).
- All participants in a Regional Pro Tour Qualifier receive an exclusive deck box (while supplies last).
- The Top 2 finishing trios at each Regional Pro Tour Qualifier will receive invitations and travel awards* to Pro Tour 25th Anniversary.
- The Top 4 finishing trios at each Regional Pro Tour Qualifier will receive invitations to the next round of Regional Pro Tour Qualifiers.
- The Top 8 trios in each Regional PTQ will receive a Regional PTQ playmat.
- Booster Prizes will be awarded as follows, depending on the number of teams that participated at each Regional PTQ. Full details can be found at https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/instoreplay/rptq25a
Side Events and Last Chance Qualifier
- Various side events will be on offer - information coming soon!
- Last Chance Qualifier (Magic 25th Anniversary) will take place the day prior (June 9th) at Good Games Adelaide, 22 Currie St, Adelaide 5000. The event information is in the following link: https://www.facebook.com/events/146310992704807/
Summary of Important Links
- Link to the online store item: https://shop.goodgames.com.au/rptq-adelaide-team-unified-standard.html
- Link to the online registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/wJEDeQlxCrFIbhGO2
- June 9th - LCQ: https://www.facebook.com/events/146310992704807/ (note: this event is run in store.)
- June 10th - RPTQ: https://www.facebook.com/events/367848040354210/ or on our website (note: this event is run off site.)
- June 11th - Modern 1000: https://www.facebook.com/events/293582417833868/ (note: this event is on a public holiday)
Come play at this huge event and get psyched up for Australian Nationals this July!