Good Games is Australia’s largest chain of tabletop gaming stores, offering an extensive range of board, trading card, and roleplaying games and accessories. We also pride ourselves on building communities and providing a premium organised play experience.
We are seeking hard-working and enthusiastic people to fill a number of casual sales positions across our stores heading into our busy Christmas period.
Applicants must be available to start work in October 2020 and be available to work in the months leading up to December, especially the week of Christmas 2020. In addition, applicants must be available to work a variety of hours including weekdays, weeknight evenings, and weekends.
Applicants must display a passion for working in the gaming industry and have excellent customer service skills.
• Greet, advise, and serve customers to Good Game’s high standards.
• Process payments by using a cash register, credit card machines, and/or POS (point of sale) computer system.
• Ensure stock levels are well maintained and that stock is displayed neatly and effectively.
• Handle customers concerns and complaints, and hand customers to management when necessary.
• Aid in the receiving of stock deliveries by carrying boxes into the store, un-packing, confirming inventory against invoices, labelling, and carrying stock to display. Including the carrying of stock up and down stairs.
• Maintain the store’s clean and tidy appearance by dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and wiping surfaces as necessary.
• Assist in the organisation and running of events for numerous games in store.
• Acquire and maintain an understanding of each product type carried by Good Games and be able to answer customer inquiries and offer recommendations in any area.
• Follow the directions of management, shift leaders, and other senior staff for other duties as required.
Experience working in a retail or sales environment is preferred but not required.
Experience with board games, trading card games, miniatures, or model painting is preferred but not required.
We are currently seeking applicants for Good Games Newcastle.
Email your application to:
Please include your availability and a cover letter explaining why you are the best applicant for the position. Include details of your relevant experience, and let us know what your favourite game is!
Applications close: Wednesday 30th September 2020