Good Games is Australia’s largest chain of tabletop gaming stores, offering an extensive range of board games, trading cards, roleplaying games, and accessories. We pride ourselves on building communities and providing a premium organised play experience.
We are seeking a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join our Top Ryde City team as part of the management team, in either the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager role. The position is full-time. The position requires everything from ensuring the store opens and closes, as well as the following:
- Managing a small team of retail staff including participation in recruitment, day to day supervision, rostering, and staff development.
- Managing inventory including ordering, stock rotation, and merchandising.
- Participating in the planning and execution of retail booths at major conventions.
- Participating in planning and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Organise, sanction, advertise, and execute organized play programs and events for Good Games.
You get to work in one of the most exciting and fun industries in the world! You get to sell games!
Who are we looking for?
- You are a strongly self-motivated individual with a desire to grow with our business.
- You work well in a team.
- You have management experience including direct supervision of other staff.
- You have retail experience.
- You have excellent customer service skills.
- You have superior communication and problem solving skills.
- You have a good eye for detail and you work well under pressure.
- You have solid computer skills and general technical savvy.
- You have a willingness and desire to take ownership of your store.
- You feel it is important that you enjoy your work.
- You have a Working with Children Check.
- You can fly...ok, we just wanted to see if you were paying attention.
This would be good too:
- You are a gamer and love tabletop games.
Applications close Friday 25th September.